1. Which one is true when a firm integrates with other firms performing similar marketing
a) Horizontal integration b) Vertical integration
c) Marketing Union d) Expansion of marketing activities
2. The symbol used for graded agricultural produce is
a) Trademark b) ISI Mark c) ECO mark d) AGMARK
3. The first regulated market in India was established at
a) Ahmedabad Cotton market b) Nasik Cotton market
c) Kolkatta Jute market d) Karanja Cotton Market
4. The regular upswing and downswings occurring in the prices during a year are called
a) Seasonal variations b) Cyclical variations c) Irregular variations d) None of these
5. Terminal markets facilitate
a) Forward trading b) Assembling for export
c) Commodity exchanges d)All of these
6. A high degree of market power concentration is characterized by
a) Existence of large no. of firms in the market b) Existence of very few firms in the market
c) Restricted movement of goods d) Both b & c
8. The Central Agmark laboratory for grading of Agril. commodities are located at
a) New Delhi b) Nagpur c)Mumbai d) None of these
9. The difference in price between markets between time periods and for different forms of a product
is mainly due to
a) Transportation b)Storage c) Processing d) All of these
10. Market structure is generally indicated by
a) Market design b) No. of firms in the market c) No. of market functionaries d) All of these
11. The price for highly perishable commodities in a very short period is guided by
a) Demand condition b) Supply condition c)Both demand & supply d) None of these
12. A marketed surplus is nearly 100 percent in case of
a) Milk b) Jowar c) Cotton d) Bajra
13. In a regulated market which one of the following is not regulated
a) Method of sale b) Market charges c) Price d) None of these
14. Warehouses are constructed with an objective to meet
a) Scientific storage requirements b) Market intelligence c) Stabilize prices d) All of these
15. In a terminal market, the commodity assembled is finally disposed of off to
a) Export b) Consumers c)Processors d) All of these
16. The Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices were originally established as
a) Agricultural Price Commission b) Agricultural Cost Commission
c) Commission for Agricultural Prices d) None of these
17. The extent of variation in agricultural product prices is influenced by
a) Quality differences b) Perishability nature
c) Seasonality in consumption & inelastic demand d) All of these
18. Pricing efficiency in the market is affected by
a) Nature of market competition b) Access to information c) Firms responses d) All of these
19. The Central Warehousing Corporation was established in
a) 1955 b) 1956 c) 1957 d) 1965
20. In the regulated market, the sale of agricultural produce is undertaken either by
a) Close tender method b) Private negotiation
c) Moghul sale method d) None of these
21. Name the market in which permanent or durable commodities are traded
a) Secular market b) Bullion market
b) Short and long period markets d) Money market
22. Suppose an agribusiness firm undertakes purchasing, wholesaling, transporting, processing &
retailing activities and also that the firm expands its retailing network with other firms in different locations. Then, which of the following is true of this firm?
a). The firm is horizontally integrated b). The firm is vertically integrated c). Both horizontal & vertical integration d). None of these
23. What the “NAFED” stands for
a) National Federation for Export Development
b) National Federation for Development
c) National Agricultural Federation and Development
d) National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation
24 The Birthplace of Cooperative Movement is
a) Germany b) Italy
c) France d) England
25. Who among the following is authorized to fix quality standards for agricultural products
a) Agriculture Marketing Adviser b) State commodity boards
c) CACP d) None of these
26. Fluctuation in agricultural commodity prices is mainly due to
a) High fertilizer cost b) Shortage and Surplus
c) Market imperfections d) High transportation cost
27. Standardization on an organized basis started in India with the establishment of
a) India Standards Institution b) India Institute of Management
c) India Statistical Instituted) None of these
2014 ABM JRF QUESTIONS….
1. ICAR is headed by ……
2. Canine production refers to ——-
3. Root 0.09 = —-
4. Ranikhet disease is related to ——-
5. FMD is caused by ——-
6. Milk production of India —–
7. Goat population in India —-
8. Egg production in India —-
9. WHO is 2013 Nov Bharath Ratna awardee —–
10. HCF of no. is ab, then its lcm = ——
11. Father of the co-op movement in India ——
12. RRB’S are established in the year ——-
13. First woman bank in India —-
14. Agricultural engineering institute located at —–
15. Which of the following is biopesticide ——
16. ERI silkworm feeds on —-
17. Rearing of honey bees is called as —–
18. Artificial silk is ——-
19. The cloth used for small babies —-
20. The slope of the isocost line is —–
21. Morocco leather refers to ——-
22. Shearing refers to ——-
23. Gypsum is added to which type of soil—–
24. Amount of sand silt and clay in the soil is known as —–
25. No. Of students failed in maths is 52% and no. Of students failed in English is 42 %. Students failed in both is 17%, total no.of students passed are ——-
26. Soybean originated from —–
27. Sorghum is mostly is grown in ——
28. Which is the most grown dryland crop in India —–
29. Pink bollworm is a pest of —–
30. White grubs lay eggs in —–
31. A.T.M.A refers to ——
32. NABARD started in year —-
33. At present ratio of mother and son age is 4:1, before 5 years difference between there ages is 30, what is present age of mother —–
34. Synonym of ‘ENTICE’—–
35. Synonym of ‘PERSUADE’ ——-
36. Antonyms of ‘PAUCITY’ ‘DEARTH’ ‘ EXTRAVAGANCE’
37. Proverb meaning of ‘ JAUNDICE EYE’, ‘TIENG CART BEFORE HORSE’
38. Dolly is a clone of —–
39. The flow of the variable pump depends on——-
40. Murrah is a breed of —–
41. Highest goat population is in which state ——
42. First agrl college in India ——
43. C.d value is determined by ——
44. Stubble mulching is done to reduce ——
45. Vitamin A Annual Flower
Hybrid Teas Chrysanthemum
46. Nokia Connecting India
CEAT Connecting People
AMUL Best In Tough
BSNL Taste Of India
47. HD 2009 Dolichos
Arka Jay Wheat
Pusa Purple Long Tomato
2013 Question paper ICAR (JRF)
Questions:- (ICAR ABM- 2013)
1) Which vitamin is called sunshine vitamin?
2) Which is the maximum pesticide consuming crop?
3) Weight of 100-gram seeds is called:-
a) Test weight
b) Seed index
c) There is no such name
d) The 1st two options
4) TRYSEM is related to:-
a) Youth empowerment
b) Women empowerment
c) Rural Employment
5) Winnower is a____________machine.
a) Pre harvesting machine
b) Post-harvesting machine
6) Barley is used for the preparation of:-
7) Vitamin – scientific name- deficiency .
8) Name of the highest exporting commodity from India.
9) Puddling is used for____________wet lands.
10) India followed_____________type of cooperatives.
11) Mildew group of disease is caused by________________.
12) Which is the temperate crop?
13) Deficiency of thyroid affects________________gland.
14) Tharparkar is the native of___________________.
15) The C:O:N ratio in soil is_____________________.
16) IBRD is also known as__________________.
17) The value of X2 which is good for each table_______.
18) The market where there is a single seller and many buyers are called:-
d) None of the above
19) Foot and Mouth disease in cattle is caused by:-
20) 1st WTO meeting was held in______________________.
21) PUFA content is highest in which crop?
22) Kufri sinduri is a variety of____________________.
23) Money value of those inputs which are supplied by the farmer is called_____________cost.
24) Coefficient of determination is also called as__________________.
25) Yellow Revolution is related to_________________production.
26) The oilseed having the highest protein content is:-
27) The utility derived by the last unit consumed is called___________________.
28) Example of N2 fixing green algae is_________________.
29) Zinc phosphide is a:-
30) Five year plan started in the year_____________________.
31) Full form of NABARD is_____________________
2012 Questions (Memory Based)
Question-based on General Agriculture imparts a significant difference in scores. If the answers are known, the calculation time is nil for these questions, unlike other areas viz.QUANT, DI and Logical Reasoning. Therefore anybody who is sound enough in this particular area can secure good rank. Though the syllabus given by ICAR is much longer the questions asked are more of the basic nature.
Here, an attempt has been made to give a glimpse of questions asked in 2012, so that the aspirants could guess the nature questions.
QUESTIONS [ICAR MBA (ABM) 2012]
1. Contribution of agriculture in GDP.
2.India’s rank in milk production.
3. Rabies is spread through ……..
4. What is ideal spacing for cattle…..
a. 60 sq ft
b. 65 sq ft
c. 50 sq ft
d. 70 sqft
5. Causing agent of Mad Cow Disease is…..
6. Water requirement for Cattle is………….
a. 70 lt/day
b. 80 lt/day
c. 100 lt/day
7. Headquarters of SBI is in……..
8. When was the first Cooperative enactment formed……
9. When W.T.O. was formed…..
10. When did India sign GATT………
11. The green revolution was in which of the following crops……..
12. What is the purpose of puddling…….
13. Who was behind the success of AMUL brand……
14.Seed rate for sugarcane……
15.Seed rate for tomato……….
16. Which is the apex agricultural bank….
17. Which of the following is responsible for the hardness of water….
18. The animal census is conducted after every….
a. 10 yrs
b. 12 yrs
c. 5 yrs
d. 15 yrs
19. The incubation period for Hen’s egg…….
20. When weedicides are normally applied….
a. Just after germination
b. After the first irrigation
21.Parameter for assessing the quality of readymade clothes ….
22. When NATIONAL SEED PROJECT was started………..
23. Which is the highest coffee producing state……
c. Goad. Maharashtra
24. Which element is more in the human body….
a. Ob. N
c. Cd. NOT
25. Biogas is…..
26. Which crop gives maximum oil production….